Using a dataengine inside Skrooge

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:05:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

In the frame of developping a plasma dashboard for skrooge, I'm trying to create a dataengine that will provide data to the widgets displayed in this dashboard. The dataengine will extract the data from the skrooge file currently opened (the file is in fact an SQLite file), and present it for widgets to use.

I've implemented very roughly the dataengine, it is able to read data through SQL Select instructions, store it using setData. Now, I do I access it from widgets ? I mean, are the techbase tutorials still applicable in this case ?

If anyone is interested, the dataengine code is in extragear/office/skgdataengine. Per default, it is disabled in Skrooge's main CMakeLists.txt, so you need to uncomment line 79 in this file to actually compile it.

Thanks in advance :)

Guillaume

--
Skrooge, a personal finances manager for KDE 4.x
http://skrooge.org