Why rotate widgets?

nuno pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue Sep 7 14:39:07 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 12:41:14 Eckhart Wörner wrote:
> Hi Nuno,
>
> Am Dienstag, 07. September 2010, 11:11:52 schrieb nuno pinheiro:
> > let me ask its the other way arround,  why not?
> >
> > does it create visual cluter? no.. (its stiting on a very clean side
> > andle that as not that many options)
>
> with the current icon design, yes, it creates some confusion. At
> tradeshows, I've already seen people taking that handle for a "reload",
> especially with the picture frame and the web slice.

can't do much about it. apart from puting a dot in the center of the rotation,
and another arrow head, but people will still mix them up. not sure its
extremly bad as its non destructive and they will learn it fastly enough ...
problem is that rotation and relod use the same metaphorical visual element...
also in the context reload made litle sence, at least less than rotation.

> Eckhart

oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"