configChanged coverage for 4.6

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 4 21:46:19 CEST 2010

hi all...

as you can see here:

	http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks#Plasmoids

we have a large number of plasmoids in kdeplasma-addons that do not have
configChanged() implementations, meaning they will not work nicely in
plasmoidviewer anymore and they will not work well with the Plasma Desktop
Scripting. i'd like to set out a small challenge for us for 4.6:

All applets we ship that have any configuration will implement configChanged()

i just knocked off one of the more hairy ones, microblogging, but most of the
remaining ones are probably fairly simple. if you take one of the applets on,
remove them from the list on the wiki page linked above. we can do this! :)

for those who have no idea what i'm babbling on about: configChanged() is
where all configuration reading should happen. many applets implement this in
both init() (or elsewhere, e.g. in graphicsWidget() as the microblog plasmoid
was doing) as well as in a slot connected to the configuration dialog. that
code needs to put into a public slot with the signature "void
configChanged()". this method is called when configuration changes are made,
such as after the configuration dialog has gone away or the user runs a script
that modifies the applet settings.

humru othro a kohnu se