activities dataengine

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:34:53 CEST 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010, Chani wrote:
> I've been hacking on a dataengine for activities the last couple of
> evenings.
>
> the original plan was to have it encapsulate the ugly hack that the
> activitybar plasmoid and activityswitch mouseaction now contain - using
> real activities for plasma-desktop and faking them with containments for
> plasma- netbook.
>
> however, since dataengines apparently don't have access to the corona...
> the only way I see for the engine to get that itself is to grab it from
> netbook's PlasmaApp (cast from qApp), which means linking to
> plasma-netbook (right?)

meh, yeah...
the problem is.. shells that aren't plasma netbook
Plasma-mobile and possibly mediacenter :/

> 5) convince notmart that using the Activity service is worthwhile ;)

problem is.. would be code that would have to be copied into plasmanetbook
(well all needed bits can be moved to plasmageericshell...) and plasma-mobile
(that won't never ever link to plasmagenericshell)

Cheers,
Marco Martin