Plasma.ToolTipManager and Plasma.Applet

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:47:50 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 19 October 2010 11:26:55 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> As mentioned above this works as far as it runs but doesn't show any tool
> tip. But I think that by using 'self.applet' it registers the
> PyKDE4.plasma.PopupApplet instead of the
> applet_pypopupapplet.main.PyPopupApplet which is a subclass of Python
> PopupApplet.

Well as often happens the tool tip suddenly started to show. I only noticed it
accidentally.. Weird.

> I tried to implement toolTipAboutToShow to see if it was called but it
> wasn't. Instead was called:
>
>   @pyqtSlot(name="toolTipAboutToShow")
>   def toolTipAboutToShow(self):
>     print "PyPopupApplet:toolTipAboutToShow"
>
> From ~/.xsession-errors:
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method SpellCheck::toolTipAboutToShow()
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method SpellCheck::toolTipHidden()
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method
> Plasma::PopupApplet::toolTipAboutToShow()
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method
> Plasma::PopupApplet::toolTipHidden()
>
> As you can see the SpellCheck  Applet toolTipAboutToShow is called but for
> the derived Python applet the Plasma::PopupApplet::toolTipAboutToShow is
> called.

This is still the case though. toolTipAboutToShow isn't called. It isn't a big
issue for me as I currently don't need it but I'm guessing there still is
something wrong..?

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L