Move kdeplasma-addons to Git

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:45:55 CEST 2010

On Monday 11 October 2010, Artur de Souza wrote:
> Hello :)
>
> I had some spare time and started to play with the Git migration.
> Regarding the Plasma stuff, I thought that kdeplasma-addons would be
> an easier repo to start :).
>
> So, while looking at it's log I saw that there are some modules that
> were imported from playground at beginning as well as extragear and
> some other places. My question is: do we want to import the history of
> all modules that were not in kdeplasma-addons? If so this would be a
> good amount of work (doable, but a lot of work) as we would need to
> check all the modules history, one by one.

it would just be a bit more difficult to track eventual bugs on those recent
things: what would be the most recent/problematic ones?

> My idea would be to import kdeplasma-addons with all its history,
> ignoring from where each sub-module came - just importing the history
> it had on the main module. This way we could spend time in other
> Plasma repositories and it's sub modules (kdebase, etc..).
>
> If we choose the other way (track all the sub modules history) I would
> need the help of its maintainers :)
>
> Ideas, suggestions ?

i kinda remember there was some dscussion to move some of the addons stuff in
an extragear module (like very useful thinks, hello bouncyball :p)
if it's still the idea, how we would proceed with making the git migration in
the same time preferably?

Cheers,
Marco Martin