activitymanager api

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:55:17 CEST 2010

On October 7, 2010 12:35:54 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > what about an old application doesn't support this tough? abort the
> > activity close? trying and hoping?
>
> IMO, aborting close for those would be ugly. If the app doesn't reply,
> "true" should be considered as the answer.
>
> It will break the atomicity, but it will be more what-the-user-expects.

exactly.

that's basically how xsmp already works, btw: what I'd be adding is a way to
tell a process "please save/close only these windows, not everything".

processes that haven't been upgraded to understand that would just ignore it
and their windows would be closed when *none* of them are needed any more.

--
Chani
http://chani.ca