activitymanager api

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 21:57:57 CEST 2010

On 6 October 2010 21:40, Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> summary for people who are not ivan:
> we were talking off-list about needed additions to activitymanager kded, to
> support the shiny fun session stuff.
>
> the new API that's already agreed on (modulo naming conventions) is:
>  void requestCloseActivity(id);
>  QStringList openActivities();
>  QStringList closedActivities();

At least in the service, I went for ListActivities(Status)

>  activityClosed(id);
>  activityCloseCancelled(id);

What about having one method with a bool?

> I think that's overkill: we will never have >1 activity in a transition state.

Not necessarily, maybe someone goes on a stopping rampage :D

> hrm. this means we will need an activityOpened(id) too, to signal that
> ksmserver has finished opening it and is ready to accept orders again ;)

Again, in the service, there are stopped / started signals, as well as
statusChanged (or smth similar).

see libactivities/services/activitydirector/ActivityDirector.h

(yeah, it is temporarily named ActivityDirector)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard