JavaScript Widget: nativeWidget for LineEdit

Thomas nethad at gmx.net
Tue Nov 30 11:10:46 CET 2010

> to be clear: are you wanting the UI to show all matching items in a list
> beneath the line edit, or are you wanting it to just complete the "best"
> match
> in-line?

I'd like to complete the best match in-line, either as an autocompletion in
the LineEdit itself (like in the KRunner text field) or as a dropdown, but I
guess that it's not possible with the current API? So would the second best
solution be to present a list beneath the LineEdit? If so, which Plasma UI
elements are suitable for this?

That's how it looks btw: http://imagebin.ca/view/26BfLjo.html