The KWin Coding Style Situation

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sun Nov 28 21:31:50 CET 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010 21:18:55 Chani wrote:
> a new branch? two weeks? why?
> isn't there a program for reformatting code, that could just sweep over all
> of it and be one commit? even if it's not perfect, something that could at
> least fix the brace indentation...
let's say I don't trust it and don't want to possibly degenerate the code
quality by getting the braces wrong. So waiting for trunk/master open up again
and testing two weeks for obvious regressions sounds like an idea to me.

> and, svn has the ability to ignore ws changes (which a lot of these changes
> will be). I don't know about git though.
Whitespaces shouldn't be a problem, more the moving of the braces. Those will
most likely end up in the diff.
if( foo )
	doSomething();
will become
if (foo) {
	doSomething();
}

I doubt that this can be handled by tools.