Plasma.ToolButton and menu

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 09:45:23 CET 2010

On Saturday 20 November 2010 09:08:35 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2010, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> >> I tried adding a menu to a Plasma.ToolButton's nativeWidget but the menu
> >> appears under the other widgets as seen here
> >> http://imagebin.ca/view/MfOPR9.html
> >
> > good news and bad news.
> >
> > first the good news: this is not your bug.
> >
> > the bad news: it's a bug in Qt.
> >
> > i _thought_ it was fixed in 4.7, though maybe that was just me dreaming
> > sweet dreams of fluffy bunnies again?
>
> uhm, not sure is a qt bug. perhaps the toolbutton just misses the flag
> to not embed children (it should be checked if in the process doesn't
> break havoc, like the combobox but it shouldn't)

At got lost here. Looked through combobox.h and combobox.cpp but there's too
much that I don't understand - yet. One thing I noticed is that it sets it's
ZValue to 900(!) so I tried doing the same on the toolbutton but to no avail.

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L