Plasmoid "picture frame"

Xaver Wurzenberger xaver.xn at web.de
Mon May 31 22:38:45 CEST 2010

Hello Anne-Marie Mahfouf,

I am not sure if this is the right way to express my thoughts about the
plasmoid "picture frame" (hope this is the right phrase, it just says the
german "bilderrahmen" here), but since your name and this email-adress is
given as information, I decided to just do so. Feel free to redirect me if
necessary.
I've been using the picture frame plasmoid for a while now and while it is a
fun and handy little application, there are two things that have always
bothered me a bit. Surely other people feel the same way, so it might be good
to fix them:

One, checking the "random" box in it's settings doesn't make the picture order
random here. Pictures are displayed in always in the same order, I checked.

Two, it would be nice to have a "sticky point" on the frame. For instance, I
have the frame in my lower right screen corner. When a picture doens't have
the same size/resolution, the frame is expanding or shrinking with the top
left frame corner staying where it was. If that "fixed point" could be changed
to lower right, my pictures would always have their lower right corner in the
lower right corner of my screen, instead of looking jumping around. I realize
this is not that easy to explain, I hope I managed it nevertheless.

Anyway, I've wanted to make this suggestion for a long time now, I hope you
think about them and maybe implement them.

Regards and thanks for your work,
Xaver