Review Request: Change device notifier tooltips to respect plasma tooltip style

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:44:02 CEST 2010

> Well, as far as device notifier goes, there's a couple more things about it that I'd like to see fixed as well.

Here I am, the device notifier mantainer, at your service :)

> This one about tooltips sounds nice, but then it kinda duplicates what's in the real device list, and there seems to be a limitation on the tooltip size (is there?) Really don't know what's the best one, maybe a very compact list would work.
I wouldn't duplicate the content of the applet, really, but a mockup would indeed be appreciated

> Then, there's one more point: kill those separators (it's time to get rid of them in a lot of places, I think :),
the separators subdivide different categories of devices (e.g. camera, optical media, etc etc), they are quite needed imho; maybe we could get rid of just the first one, though I'm not sure

> and squeeze the "Available devices" with the icon vertically.
you mean, to make the icon smaller?

> There's too much margin space on both sides.
I agree, I am going to do that as soon as I resolve some other layout issues

> All pure aesthetics, but then, it's screen space and clutter. If you don't mind, I'll hack on this, and deliver a prototype of device list popup for the applet.
Popup means tooltip?

Thanks
  __J