system tray work

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Sat May 8 22:54:25 CEST 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On May 7, 2010, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > But it's not enough because KStatusNotifierItem shows the menu itself
> > instead of sending a menu request over DBus. Which is understandable
> > because there is currently no way to send a menu request. This would be
> > a good addition in my opinion, what do you think about this?
>
> i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "sending a menu request" ... at what
> point (besides the context menu) does KSNI decide to show a menu? (and in the
> case of the context menu, we do send a request)

Klipper only provides a context menu, so it wants it to be shown regardless
of whether it's the primary or secondary action that's triggered.

The alternative is to do nothing when the icon is left-clicked.
It is a consistency problem though that some icons will show the menu
on left-click while others will only show it on right-click.

Regards,
Fredrik