system tray work

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Sat May 8 22:48:55 CEST 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On 02/05/2010 23:36, Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> > Anyway, I've attached the current version of the Klipper patch.
> > Aside from the keyboard shortcut there's also the issue that the
> > dbus menu isn't always updated when the clipboard history changes.
> > Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
> >
> > I'm hoping Aurélien has some idea about that.
>
> I just had a look at it, and could not reproduce it :/. Do you know of a
> way to reliably reproduce it?

Yes, select some text and left-click the klipper icon. Then click outside
the menu so it goes away, and right-click the icon. You should see that
the dbus menu hasn't been updated with the new selection.
And from this point on the dbus menu will remain as it is, while the
left-click menu continues to be updated with each new selection.

> About the patch: I noticed that left-click shows the menu directly
> instead of going through dbusmenu, which is a bit inconsistent (even if
> it's nice  for testing!). I tried to improve it by replacing the code in
> tray.cpp like this:

<snip>

> (Calling setAssociatedWidget() on the menu is a little-known feature of
> KSNI which causes the left-click to trigger the menu)

Yes, that looks good. I wasn't aware of that feature actually.

Regards,
Fredrik