Setting default wallpaper with a script

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 4 19:49:03 CEST 2010

On May 4, 2010, Antony Loebs wrote:
> Ok, that's good to know. I guess that raises the question, however, as to
> how the wallpaper is set in the first place (currently). Is it tucked away
> in the code somewhere?

btw, something that i think would be Really, Really Cool(tm):

* iterate over all the published Q_PROPERTIES of the Containment object
wrapped by the Activity Javascript object and export those for
setting/getting.

* iterate over all the published Q_PROPERTIES of the Wallpaper object, which
isn't wrapped at all right now, and export those as a Javascript object for
similar set/get

this would allow Containment and Wallpaper plugins to expose API to the
scripting environment in a safe manner without the scripting environment
having to know about these extensions in advance. it would allow, for
instance, for things like:

containment.wallpaperPlugin = 'mandelbrot'
containment.wallpaper.quality = 'High'

i don't know if i'll have the time/energy to do this for 4.5. probably not. it
wouldn't be too hard to do, though, and would be a nice add.

humru othro a kohnu se