Plasmoid configuraiton...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 3 19:33:31 CEST 2010

On May 3, 2010, Ben Martin wrote:
> happy to port over my plasmoid to the same style. Any specific hints as
> to which plasmoids to check out would be great. Otherwise, does this
> seem to make sense as a possible extension?

it's called "KConfigXT" and it does exactly what you suggest. unfortunately,
it also doesn't work with nested KConfigGroups. KConfigSkeleton (the heart of
KConfigXT) was designed and created during KDE 3 times when you couldn't have
nested KConfigGroups. in KDE 4 you can, and we rely _heavily_ on this feature
to keep things sane in Plasma. so as soon as KConfigSkeleton is able to talk
to nested KConfigGroups, things will be happy.

humru othro a kohnu se