4.5 - Activities

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Mar 31 19:29:17 CEST 2010

> can we get together on irc soon and do a once-over of this and then get it
> moved into kdereview?

Ok, I'll try to be online tomorrow. If not, then the weekend?

> if we work around subsystems because "they don't work well yet" then the
> odds they ever will work well goes down as there is less reason /
> motivation to get them working well. if those subsystems can't be made to
> work well, then we shouldn't have them in our stack. otherwise, the aim
> should be to make them work.

I know, and I understand your point, but activities can't really be considered
to be an important motivator for nepomuk's development anyway.

I have no problem with hard-dependence on nepomuk, but that was something that
was agreed upon due to request from kwin guys - we had a small meeting
consisted of John, Lubos, Chani, Martin and me.

> it's that simple. please stop working around
> brokenness.

I'm aware of your stance on temporary solutions and their tendencies to become
permanent. If I promise it will not, will you trust me? :) (from my POV, if
kwin guys change their mind, and if we decide that nepomuk is ready in 4.5 we
could remove the cache in final 4.5)

Cheerio,
Ivan
--
I am a spokesman for a better way of living
Love is the word and it can be heard