PMC use case

nuno pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue Mar 30 15:18:58 CEST 2010

A Terça, 30 de Março de 2010 12:17:03 Sebastian Kügler você escreveu:

> > > Do you have some code i can look at/contribute to? I have a wiimote and
> > > I'd like to start playing with it for the PMC. Am I supposed to have
> > > infrared on my laptop?
> >
> > No need to, the class doesn't support the infrared stuff right now. For
> > simple  gestures, such as swiping to scroll, it'll be fine. The infrared
> > stuff can be added pretty easily though, just didn't get to that yet.
>
> For communication between PC and Wiimote, it uses Bluetooth. Just a wiimote
> and a bluetooth adapter is enough to use it.
>
> > I'll clean up and put it online tonight.

having plaid with this type of thinguis, and having spent quite some time
thinking about all of this things in another life (last year)
may i suggest instead of using the pointer thing use the positional thing

i can explain .... till the remote up and you scroll up tilt it down and ....
you get it.... the more you tilt it the faster it goes .... the cool thing
about this is that it can work with any standard remote using the jog dial
they all have, if you have a wii thingy (there are more out there). + ist way
way more easy that using the wii pure pointer, and you can use it in a rest
position.

I also have some mocks on how the entire thing should look...

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"