No subject

Tue Mar 30 01:44:00 CEST 2010

On PMC startup the user will see a beautiful home applet that has (PMC
is meant to be fullscreen):

    * Buttons to switch to the following media modes: Pictures, Music,
Videos (later: Games, maybe an all Media Mode)
    * Area with information about your recently played media, highest
ratings, things that allow you to jumpstart to a specific media.
    * Possibility to add normal plasmoids, like note apps, web slice,...

So eventually only the home button will remain in the controller and
the home screen will be the root of everything. On media type switch
we will then alwys go via the home applet (2 clicks). At some point we
thought that having mode switch buttons in the controller would be
good to reduce switching to 1 click. At one point I imagined holding
the home button in the controller would make a sort of drawer expand
which would show the other mode buttons.

>> displaying information about media. The bottom panel might be reusable
>> for a big screen UI, but the playback control migth have to be
>> transformed into something else. Anyway, the way Alessandro designed
>
> as long as it scales big enough to be readable it will be perfectly fine.
> on a tv that thing will be purely informational since you won't click that
> buttons, because you would have play,stop, fast forward etc directly into the
> remote

anyway, the controller has a "toggle autohide" button, we can set it
to always autohide on big TV screens