Running queries via dbus

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:33:57 CET 2010

> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 21:55:08 Alex Merry wrote:
> > Instead, you should use QDBusConnection::asyncCall.  This can be used in
> > exactly the same way (implicit casting FTW), and casting to a QDBusReply
> > will cause the calling thread to block as you would expect.  But,
> > importantly, it WON'T cause the main thread to block.

In fact the runner thread will block; and since we limit ourselves to run only so many threads in krunner, this
implies that a user running an older version of amarok will still experience long (~25s) freezes. if he launches enough queries
(just typing a long name is sufficient as we launch roughly as many queries as keystrokes (which is bad anyways)
krunner won't have any thread slots available and will become useless, if not block the ui.

Is there any way to check for the version of amarok and avoid doing that query if it is <= the current release?

Thanks