Running queries via dbus

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Mar 23 23:27:41 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 22:03:30 Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> > CC'ing plasma-devel, since this is an important point regarding runners
> > that use D-Bus.  Please keep any discussion on this issue at
> > plasma-devel.

> did you commit this fix as well?

No, since it won't actually change anything (qreal is a typedef for double on
most platforms).  I might do it at some point, but there's no real rush.

> > I'll commit this change to audioplayercontrol to trunk.  Should I also
> > backport it?
>
> I'd say yes please, if it fixes any freeze related issue, it would be great
> to have it in branch as well. Notice that this would possibly fix bug
> 203668; you might want to CCBUG that
>
> Thanks a lot, I'll try right now if the fix on the amarok side works

It will still be slow, just not ~25s slow.  But I've now committed the fix to
audioplayercontrol to both trunk and branch - this should fix the issue even
with a broken amarok (although searching the collection will obviously not
work, it won't block the gui either).

Alex