netbook reference, the polishing details

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 21:04:23 CET 2010

On March 19, 2010, Artur Souza wrote:
> [...]

finding them was no problem at all. the only weakpoint is our app's keywords
suck. gwenview really ought to have "photo", "picture", etc in the keywords,
for instance.

> I feel personally responsible for SAL's concept so Im really interested in
> P's feedback/how he reacted to it....

to put it simply: he got it instantly.

his only question was "what is a 'query'?" that might be a bit of jargon we
could get rid of or change the text of. Maybe just even "Search..." as the
click text? in any case, most people with a reasonable grasp of the language
will know what it means. from there he experimented with app names, clicking
through the presets (both top and bottom), adding things to the top bar, etc.
i really didn't have to explain it.

i think we also may still want a link somewhere to "all the things i can do
with this thing"; an embedded help page. plasma-netbook's answer, perhaps, to
the "welcome plasmoid"

humru othro a kohnu se