netbook reference, the polishing details

Artur Souza artur.souza at openbossa.org
Fri Mar 19 20:51:01 CET 2010

----- Original message -----
> On Friday 19 March 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * one of P's first questions when using SAL was "how do add new
> > application?" if there wasn't an "Add Widgets" button there, could there
> > be an "Add Applications" that launches KPackageKit?

Add applications in the sense of installing or in the sense of having them in the 'menu'? If its the latest then we have a usability problem, as I pointed out in my paper and presentation about the netbook during akademy and when I thought about its UI the *main* point for SAL was to focus on discoverability so people wouldnt need to know app names but just search for the kind of work or task the user wants to acomplish (like web browsing).

I feel personally responsible for SAL's concept so Im really interested in P's feedback/how he reacted to it....

Cheers and congrats for the netbook reference,