Detecting when PopupApplet is iconified

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 18:57:50 CET 2010

On March 19, 2010, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > my only question now is how to handle notification of the change. my
> > first thought would be to add a new Contraint (IconifiedConstraint?) and
> > then the applet could respond in constraintsEvent.
>
> I'm currently doing this by listening for popupEvent.

my concern is that this won't work in all cases.

i bet (translation: haven't tested, but judging from the code) that if you
took an iconified popup applet from the panel and drag it to the desktop where
it "unfolds" the applet won't update.

you can work around that by watching for FormFactor changes, but even then
there is no actual guarantee that FormFactor is tied to a popup behaviour.
that's just how plasma-desktop currently works.

humru othro a kohnu se