Detecting when PopupApplet is iconified

Rob Hasselbaum rob at hasselbaum.net
Fri Mar 19 15:45:49 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> I think the heuristics for this would be more complicated, but in general, it might
> be a good idea to quiesce dataengines as long as no *visible* applet is connected.

Yeah, that would be generally useful, although the approach would need
to differ depending on whether the data engine is pushing updates or
the applet is polling. It's easy enough to stop polling. But in my
case, since my data engine is pushing changes asynchronously and
sources are created through sourceRequestEvent, I have to disconnect
the source in order to silence it. I'm fine with managing that myself,
but I need a method similar to the one I posted so can know when to
disconnect/reconnect.