KDE's Plasma: How not to do lists...

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 17 04:40:03 CET 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 20:53:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> just read your blog on planet.kde.org, and i have to say that perhaps the
> least useful way of reporting bugs is by blog. full stop. that you decided
> to spend your first blog entry in over 2 years doing that is pretty sad.
>
> if you come and talk to those of us working on these things, we could help
> you out with some useful information. as it stands, your blog entry is
> full information that is either wrong or missing background information
> that would help explain things a bit more.
>
> it would have been no more difficult to contact us with your questions than
> it was to write that blog entry. we have a mailing list:
> plasma-devel at kde.org. the same text you wrote in your blog entry could
> have found its way there first/instead.
>
> i could understand if you'd asked and nobody had replied or we'd given you
> some unuseful reply. but you didn't bother to do that.

I think it's also a pity that instead of engaging in a discussion how to fix the
issues (or just straight sit down and fix them, most problems you're writing about
seem rather papercuts than serious issues), you just toned down (I guess, didn't read
the original entry you deleted). Leads me to believe that the intention is to do a
public rant, not to actually improve things, which makes me sad. We should deal
differently with each other.
--
sebas