exporting/importing config keys? plus: Mandelbrot news

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 18:36:48 CET 2010

2010/3/13 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 13 March 2010, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just made a bunch of Mandelbrot improvements in trunk, plus 1
>> bugfix backported to 4.4, see below.
>
> great :)
>
>> I would like to honor this feature request:
>> http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#idea55395_page1
>>
>> Basically I want to create a right-click desktop menu entry that
>> allows to export/import Mandelbrot's configuration to/from a file.
>>
>> Does KDE's config system allow that right away? Or should I code my
>> own file I/O?
>>
> create a new kconfig on a new file, a kconfiggroup on it, then write all your
> config entries copied from the main kconfiggroup
>
>> Also, any example code for adding a right-click menu to a plasma wallpaper?
> QList<QAction*> Wallpaper::contextualActions()

I tried that but  can't get it to work: it compiles, but the actions
don't show up in the right click menu.

Here's what I did. In my Mandelbrot (inheriting Wallpaper) class I
have new members,

        QAction m_exportImageAction;
        QAction m_exportConfigAction;
        QAction m_importConfigAction;

Then they are initialized in the initialization list of my Mandelbrot
constructor:

Mandelbrot::Mandelbrot(QObject *parent, const QVariantList &args)
    : Plasma::Wallpaper(parent, args), m_image(0), m_tiling(this),
      m_exportImageAction(i18n("Export image..."), 0),
      m_exportConfigAction(i18n("Export parameters..."), 0),
      m_importConfigAction(i18n("Import parameters..."), 0),

Then, in the body of that constructor, I do:

    contextualActions().append(&m_exportImageAction);
    contextualActions().append(&m_exportConfigAction);
    contextualActions().append(&m_importConfigAction);

    connect(&m_exportImageAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this,
SLOT(exportImage()));
    connect(&m_exportConfigAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this,
SLOT(exportConfig()));
    connect(&m_importConfigAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this,
SLOT(importConfig()));

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Benoit