exporting/importing config keys? plus: Mandelbrot news

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 11:34:42 CET 2010

2010/3/13 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 13 March 2010, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just made a bunch of Mandelbrot improvements in trunk, plus 1
>> bugfix backported to 4.4, see below.
>
> great :)
>
>> I would like to honor this feature request:
>> http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#idea55395_page1
>>
>> Basically I want to create a right-click desktop menu entry that
>> allows to export/import Mandelbrot's configuration to/from a file.
>>
>> Does KDE's config system allow that right away? Or should I code my
>> own file I/O?
>>
> create a new kconfig on a new file, a kconfiggroup on it, then write all your
> config entries copied from the main kconfiggroup

Ah, I see. How do I "create a new kconfig on a new file" ? It's not
obvious to me from
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKConfigGroup.html

>> Also, any example code for adding a right-click menu to a plasma wallpaper?
> QList<QAction*> Wallpaper::contextualActions()

Thanks!

> (wouldn't make more sense putting it into the config dialog anyways?)

The config i'm saving there is not just the config from the config
dialog, it's also (and most importantly) the viewpoint as determined
by the user by mouse interaction on the desktop. Whence the idea of a
right click action...

Cheers
Benoit