exporting/importing config keys? plus: Mandelbrot news

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 11:06:33 CET 2010

Hi,

I've just made a bunch of Mandelbrot improvements in trunk, plus 1
bugfix backported to 4.4, see below.

I would like to honor this feature request:
http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#idea55395_page1

Basically I want to create a right-click desktop menu entry that
allows to export/import Mandelbrot's configuration to/from a file.

Does KDE's config system allow that right away? Or should I code my
own file I/O?

Also, any example code for adding a right-click menu to a plasma wallpaper?

Thanks
Benoit

PS. The aforementioned Mandelbrot changelog:
* fix the "mandelbrot ate my right-click desktop menu" bug
   ---> backported to 4.4
* big optimization: interior tiles are now detected early
* scalability: different threads now work on completely separate tiles
* fix the "visual artifacts on startup" bug
* significant code simplification and cleanup
* several smaller fixes