Building Containment with Python

LordBlueLight lordbluelight at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 14:53:00 CET 2010

Hi plasma-devel at kde.org subscribers,

I'm trying to build a Containmanet with Python and right at the beginning I'm
failing and need some help.

I want to create something with a Plasma::TabBar where each tab can contain
widgets. I want to have "pages" on my Dashboard. My first approach was to
create an applet which contained Plasma::TabBar where each tab was a
Plasma::Containment. I could execute it but I didn't work as wanted. Aaron
Seigo answered my mail to kde-devel and told me I should start with the
Containment (Containment->Plasma::TabBar->Applets).

But can't find any helpfull documentation how to build a containment with
Python. Is it even possible?

Greets Christian