Reasons for BUG: 230157

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:53:37 CET 2010

Hello,
    This morning I was trying to find out what is the reason bug
230157 is happening. After hunting down the devicenotifier and coming
down to libplasma, I found out that in popupapplet.cpp's bool
PopupApplet::eventFilter(QObject *watched, QEvent *event)  the popup
is closed if QEvent::WindowDeactivate occurs and so when the mouse
button is released, a click is triggered causing the popup to show
again.

The weird thing is that the event doesn't take place when the
dnotifier icon is clicked in the systemtray inside panels, but when
systemtray is viewed in plasmoidviewer, or when the dnotifier icon is
in the auto hide tray, the event takes place.

So, what should be the best thing to do? Should the event not happen,
or we should detect that it happened because the icon itself was
pressed and not hide the popup?

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com