Manual Hiding of Plasma Panel (desktop shell)

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sat Mar 6 10:03:58 CET 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 21:09:17 Emdek wrote:
> But having DBus call for that purpose isn't something wrong, I think.
> And how it can be used is different story.

If you do this, it should be in a structured way, so that we get a proper tree
of Plasma objects with access to their properties eg

$ qdbus org.kde.plasma-desktop

/
/Plasma/
/Plasma/Containments
/Plasma/Containments/0
/Plasma/Containments/0/Applets
/Plasma/Containments/0/Applets/0
/Plasma/Containments/1/Applets
/Plasma/Corona

And there somewhere on the org.kde.Plasma.Panel interface exposed by
/Plasma/Containments/0 you would have the setVisible(bool) method that you're
asking for.

Wouldn't that be a nice GSoC project?

Will