On Plasmate's previewer

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:26:57 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I forgot to raise this in the irc meeting earlier :( I think we should
consider the possibility of having the previewer as its own separate
process. This is good imo because

1) A crashing plasmoid won't bring Plasmate down with it. Currently if a
plasmoid crashes on-load, every subsequent loading of the project will
probably also result in a crash (because the previewer automatically loads
the plasmoid). And that's pretty bad if Plasmate crashes along - the project
will become unusable.
2) I think it would be very useful if we could eventually capture (and
display in some way) the current plasmoid's console output messages, so that
it's easier for users to debug runtime errors and such. Currently those
output messages become Plasmate's console output, and I'm not sure if there
is a way for Plasmate to grab them.

But then if the previewer becomes it's own separate process, will it still
be possible for it to live in a dockwidget?

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/