No subject

Mon Mar 1 13:50:45 CET 2010

"Can someone explain this to me? Will this change? Is KDE going to kill
windows concept, or merge it into a plasmoid?"

They won't be merged, but there will be an option of link virtual desktops
and activities. That's what I get from reading the forum replies, and I
think they answer your question quite well.

"All I wanted was just to see real usage of plasma activities."

Why not post follow-up questions in the forum? :) I didn't see you asking
that in the topic you linked to.
Someone posted such a topic here:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=83782
This motivated me to write the following blog post:
http://hanswchen.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/how-do-you-use-activities/
Just to clarify my workflow: when I want to, say, work on one of my coding
projects, I switch to the Development activity. I might have some windows
that aren't related to this activity on one virtual desktop - for example, I
typically have my web browser and music player on desktop 1 - but the other
virtual desktops are for coding stuff.

As Aaron pointed out, this mailing list isn't for user support. I would
suggest that you continue to ask in the forums, and if you aren't happy with
the answers, ask follow-up questions.

With best regards,
Hans Chen

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 20:11, Luiz Felipe Talvik <talvik at gmail.com> wrote:

> "a power user such as" myself is feeling a little bit of hostility,
> maybe it's just my impression.
> "a lot of blog posts?" is exactly the number of posts that I have read
> "like my blog post on planetkde in february that had a screencast on
> activities" yes like those. (a third of the comments on that post can
> be categorizer on "i don't understand plasma activities", the rest is
> about your chocolat voice).
>
> All I wanted was just to see real usage of plasma activities.
> No need to give further "answers"
>
> thanks
>
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On March 2, 2010 10:01:23 Luiz Felipe Talvik wrote:
> >> Sorry, but I've googled(my forum post is the first entry, and it goes
> >> unanswered), tried the forums, irc channel read a lot of blog posts
> >> for a long time. Since I went trough most channels, I've scalated to
> >> the devs list.
> >>

> > a lot of blog posts?
> > like my blog post on planetkde in february that had a screencast on
> > activities?
> >
> > --
> > This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
> > www.chani3.com

--001485f945e02aa4ad0480d70bab

l this change? Is KDE going to kill=20
windows concept, or merge it into a plasmoid?&quot;<br><br>They won&#39;t b=
e merged, but there will be an option of link virtual desktops and activiti=
es. That&#39;s what I get from reading the forum replies, and I think they =
answer your question quite well.<br>
t;<br><br>Why not post follow-up questions in the forum? :) I didn&#39;t se=
e you asking that in the topic you linked to.<br>Someone posted such a topi=
c here: <a href=3D"http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=3D15&amp;t=3D83782"=
>http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=3D15&amp;t=3D83782</a><br>
This motivated me to write the following blog post: <a href=3D"http://hansw=
chen.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/how-do-you-use-activities/">http://hanswchen.=
wordpress.com/2009/11/17/how-do-you-use-activities/</a><br>Just to clarify =
my workflow: when I want to, say, work on one of my coding projects, I swit=
ch to the Development activity. I might have some windows that aren&#39;t r=
elated to this activity on one virtual desktop - for example, I typically h=
ave my web browser and music player on desktop 1 - but the other virtual de=
sktops are for coding stuff.<br>
ould suggest that you continue to ask in the forums, and if you aren&#39;t =
happy with the answers, ask follow-up questions.<br><br>With best regards,<=
br>
uiz Felipe Talvik <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:talvik at gmail.com"=
" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, =
204); padding-left: 1ex;">
&quot;a power user such as&quot; myself is feeling a little bit of hostilit=
y,<br>
maybe it&#39;s just my impression.<br>
&quot;a lot of blog posts?&quot; is exactly the number of posts that I have=
 read<br>
 a screencast on<br>
t can<br>
be categorizer on &quot;i don&#39;t understand plasma activities&quot;, the=
 rest is<br>
about your chocolat voice).<br>
All I wanted was just to see real usage of plasma activities.<br>
No need to give further &quot;answers&quot;<br>
thanks<br>
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Chani &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chanika at gmail.c=
om">chanika at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; On March 2, 2010 10:01:23 Luiz Felipe Talvik wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; Sorry, but I&#39;ve googled(my forum post is the first entry, and =
it goes<br>
&gt;&gt; unanswered), tried the forums, irc channel read a lot of blog post=
s<br>
&gt;&gt; for a long time. Since I went trough most channels, I&#39;ve scala=
ted to<br>
&gt;&gt; the devs list.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; a lot of blog posts?<br>
&gt; like my blog post on planetkde in february that had a screencast on<br=

&gt; activities?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.chani3.com" target=3D"_blank">www.chani3.com</a>=
&gt;<br>