KDE Network Manager

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Mar 1 19:49:32 CET 2010

Hi Shantanu!

On Monday 01 March 2010 19:24:17 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Hello,
>     After struggling to get my notebook fixed, I was studying code for the
> networkmanager in kdereview/networkmanager . I have made a small fix which
> displays "Wire Unplugged" when a wired network is Unavailable, kindly take
> a look at the attached patch and comment (I wasn't sure if I should use
> the reviewboard for this, please tell me if that is the case).

It's a fairly small patch, so easy to review. I personally don't mind much using
email for this, though the general idea is to use rb.

Anyway, your patch looks good, please commit.

> I was also
> going to fix the wrong disconnect problem, but it seems its already fixed
> now :)

Yep, props go to Aurelien :)

> Also, I've noticed that a dial-like meter is being used for the
> signal strength along with the progress bar. IMO, the meter is very small
> to figure out what value it displays, and anyway the progress bar is a
> better candidate for displaying the strength, isn't it?

It's actually not the strength, but the progress of the connection. Aurelien has
improved it a bit more today.

I've tried with a progressbar, but it wasn't very pleasing visually, so removed the
code again.
--
sebas