Model/View and plasma javascript

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:02:43 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 30 June 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I'm wondering if its possible to use a QStandardItemModel or something
> similar to it with the javascript bindings. I tried QStandardItemModel, but
> it doesn't seem to exist.
>
> Though even if I am able to use a standard model from Qt or KDE, I don't
> think theres a view that I'll be happy with, so I'm planning on writing my
> own, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in what I have in
> mind, and if it could make it into plasma's default widgets.
>
> Basically its a fancy, plasma-ish tree widget (won't look like a standard
> tree widget) where the top level items span the width, like a header for a
> "Section", and the children can collapse under the headers. I guess it
> would look a little like the device notifier widget, but with a lot less
> padding or margin around the child items.

there are no bindings for qt models at the moment, there is a tree view proxy
widget in plasma widget but i don't think is usable at all in javascript.

at the moment the only way to have some kind of "fake" item view is to iterate
trough the data given from the dataengine and construct a widget for each
item. is how microblog, opendesktop etc plasmoids work.

--
Marco Martin