Quicklaunch: Migrating storage to kio bookmarks

Ingomar Wesp ingomar at wesp.name
Wed Jun 30 17:00:47 CEST 2010

Ingomar Wesp wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> my first reaction is to be concerned that this will decrease the general
>> simplicity and elegance of this widget in terms of usage. but i'm
>> prepared to be stunned and converted to the new idea :)
>
> Alright, I'll give my best ;)

On second thought (and after having slept over this), I guess you're right.
I'm afraid that instead of converting you to the idea, I converted myself to
your position ;)

I still think that changing the popup to display a menu (much like the hidden
icons in the system tray) instead of just an array of icons is probably a good
idea - it would be more consistent with the systray, display the program name
in addition to the icon and doesn't increase mouse mileage.

If there are no objections, I'll implement that and backport the fixes I've
made in my local branch, but I'll leave out the store-as-bookmarks and folders
functionality.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Ingo