Panel autohide functionality override

Nicholas Loomans loomy_man at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 00:30:48 CEST 2010

I am trying to find out where KDE sets the behaviour of a panel(/containment) when it has to autohide.

My hope is to extend the containment class to allow for instead of completely hiding the panel it shows one row, and when the mouse is moved to the edge (or a button pushed, maybe) it pops the rest of it up.

My goal is to implement a Cairoshell-like programs menu:

Cairoshell concept art

Or how would I do this with a button on the containment? All I want right now is a panel that can switch between single row to a bigger multiple row size.

Nicholas Loomans
204 Ascot Place

Te Awamutu

3800