plasma @ akademy

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 20:29:35 CEST 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi everyone ....
>
> i'm starting to work on coordination for the plasma project's activity at
> this year's Akademy. i've started this page on the wiki:
>
> 	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Akademy2010
>
> (linked to from the main Plasma project page under the meetings header, of
> course :)
>
> as you can see it has a place to list your name if you are attending
> Akademy 2010. please add yourself to that list if you are coming and plan
> on discussing Plasma. if you are not going to be there for the whole week,
> please append the days you will be there to your entry.
will be always there, except the last day, have to leave a bit earlier thanks
to the silly airline :)

> there's a topics for discussion section which is where we can advertise the
> topics we are each wanting to address while we are there. please add your
> personal interests there, but only if you are attending akademy and will be
> wanting to broach that topic. in other words, this isn't a place to dump
> every possible topic we can think of. :)

i think the list it's quite comprehensive already, added something about
activities, since is the newest part there will still work to do

> and finally, there is a Plasma Frenzy section with 10 slots available for
> 3-10 minute presentations. these presentations can be quite informal.
> slides are optional. it'll be much like our openings for Tokamak where we
> take turns noting what's new and of interest in Plasma-land for each other
> and, since it is Akademy, others attending who want to keep up with our
> twists, turns, blunders and brilliance. ;)

i can do a very short one on the current status of QML in Plasma (added to the
wiki), maybe Alexis or Artur have something to add on this one :)

> i'm also considering adding a Plasma Feedback Panel, which would be a
> session for us to sit around a room with other interested / concerned KDE
> folk. we would ask and answer the questions those attending have, and
> discuss ideas with those beyond just our own group. the idea would be to
> help extend / expand the reach of Plasma across KDE and for KDE
> contributors to have more input into what we are doing in a constructive
> atmosphere. what do you think?

yes, +1000 on this one, i think the awareness/communication on our stuff
across the other KDE people could be much better

--
Marco Martin