DataEngine in JavaScript: Help

Alessandro Diaferia alediaferia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 13:07:56 CEST 2010

I had a look at the dataengine. When loading it via plasmaenginexplorer it
says "package is in path which is a "Plasmoid" package" .. This seems no
good to me.
Can you point out what's wrong?

Also, are there any implementations of JS DataEngines to take inspiration
from? As there's near to 0 docs about them. Or probably i wasn't able to
find any.

Thanks.

2010/6/17 Onur-Hayri Bakici <thehayro at gmail.com>

> Hey guys.
>
> i have issues about running this code:
>

> function sourceRequestEvent(source)
> {
>  print("Test");
>  setData("Hello", "World");
>  return true;
>
> }
>
> function updateSourceEvent(source)
> {
>  return true;
> }
>
> it doesnt do anything. not printing out test, nothing.
> i already have plasma-scriptengines-javascript installed.
>
> here is my metadata.desktop:
>
> X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/DataEngine
> Type=Service
>

> X-Plasma-API=javascript
> X-Plasma-MainScript=mediadataengine.js
> X-Plasma-ComponentTypes=DataEngine
>
> X-Plasma-EngineName=webmedia
> X-KDE-Library=plasma_engine_webmedia
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Author=test
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Email=test at test.com
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=webmedia
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Version=0.1
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Website=http://plasma.kde.org/
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Category=Multimedia
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-License=LGPL
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-EnabledByDefault=true
>
> i am also not quite sure, if i have the X-KDE-ServiceTypes correct, because
> the plasma-scriptengine-dataengine-javascript.desktop in
> kdebase/runtime/plasma/scriptengines/javascript
>
> thank you in advance
>
> cheers
> thehayro

Alessandro Diaferia