Auto-discard notification

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:41:20 CEST 2010

Aaron, He really should be put out of auto discard list
------
Am Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010, um 20:34:57 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> However, if I don't interact with the panel (for example, when a new mail
> arrives on an automatic mail check), it does not make sense to me to show
> the panel, as I'm not interacting with the panel. I only want/need to see
> the notification, not the whole panel.
>
> That way, the "unintrusive" passive notification is massively intrusive
> (hiding a large part of the screen, in particular the status bar in a
> maximized window and a toolbar on the bottom, or in the konsole the command
> line you are currently typing!).

Oh, I should mention that this has been changed since (thanks a lot!). Now
(KDE 4.4.4), the panel is not displayed any more, just the notification is
shown (not at the bottom of the screen, but at the position where it would be
with a visible panel, so it kind of floats).

So, at least an innocent notification does not display the panel any more,
which is a great advance.
However, if you then display the panel for some reason, it will not go away,
until the mail notification has reached it visibility timeout.

Cheers,
Reinhold