Need advice about the Authentication framework GSoC project

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:04:16 CEST 2010

Hi guys,
as you should know, I'm developing an authentication framework for scripted
plasmoid using the QCA framework. During these last days I was trying to
retrieve, for each key in the local keystore, the list of key IDs which
signed that given key and, consequently, split them by their level of trust
(KDE key, key signed by a KDE key, user key and so on .. ).
Surprisingly, the QCA::PGPKey class doesn't provide this kind of method and,
looking at the qca-gnupg plugin source in[0], there aren't the usual command
switches to show all the signatures for each keys (--list-sigs or
--check-sigs) :(
So now, what should I do? I've a couple of ideas on my mind:
* patch the plugin, and the PGPKey class ;
* use qprocess to call gpg --check-sigs and then parse its output  ;
* write a new qca plugin based on gpgme library, instead of using the
qca-gnupg which relies upon the gpg executable ;
* contact qca mantainer and request for a patch ;
What do you think about it ?
Thanks for your help,
cheers !!

Diego

[0]: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/qca/plugins/qca-gnupg/gpgop.cpp

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.