integrating plasma into kdevelop's dashboard

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 22:39:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On July 27, 2010, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > For the moment I'm implementing it passing the project identifier as the
> > first argument when loading hte plasmoid. That works just fine for my
> > plugins but I can't filter that to the rest of plugins. It would be
> better
> > if I could receive ::loadApplet myself and choose to call parent's if I
> > want to, instead of reimplementing an internal version of the call.
>
> so in internalLoadApplet you wish to do something like:
>
> Applet *applet = loadApplet(name, appletId, args);
> applet->doSomething();
> return applet;
>
> if so, that's easy to implement.

no, I meant something like that:

Applet* MyPluginLoader::loadApplet(QString name, uint id, QVariantList args)
{
      Applet *a;
      if(iskdevelopplasmoid(name))
            a=... mystuff
      else {
            args.removeFirst();
            a=PluginLoader::loadApplet(name, id, args);
     }
     return a;
}

Here I guess that the problem would be that when restoring I wouldn't get
that argument and I would be lost again.
(Just to recall, I have 1-corona/dashboard and 1 dashboard/project and I
need my applets inside the dashboard to know about the project)

> > Custom plasmoid storing and restoring is not yet working. Is that normal?
>
> are they being written out the config file? if so, when being restored, is
> your internalLoadApplet implementation being called?

They're not being written and I don't know why.

> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se

Aleix