integrating plasma into kdevelop's dashboard

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 21:55:12 CEST 2010

Hi,
I adapted KDevelop's dashboard to the new plugin loader and here I come with
some thoughts.

Now it is mostly working, the biggest problem I'm facing is that I need to
tell KDevelop's plugins what project are they targeting (KDevelop may have
different dashboards at the same time and the plugins I add need to know
about the project).
For the moment I'm implementing it passing the project identifier as the
first argument when loading hte plasmoid. That works just fine for my
plugins but I can't filter that to the rest of plugins. It would be better
if I could receive ::loadApplet myself and choose to call parent's if I want
to, instead of reimplementing an internal version of the call.

Custom plasmoid storing and restoring is not yet working. Is that normal?

Thanks,
Aleix