Grouping Desktop moved to kdereview

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 12:46:07 CEST 2010

In data domenica 25 luglio 2010 10:32:09, Ivan Čukić ha scritto:
> I'm not gonna comment on the code since others already did that.
>
> I'm concerned about the visual appearance of the groups - having both
> groups and applets with the standard background looks a bit ugly. From
> my POV, it would be better to keep only the group borders (or the
> applet borders) and to show some kind of when the desktop is unlocked.

I've already thought about that. The grid group sets the background hints of
its applets to NoBackground, while its groups use the sunken borders from
widgets/frame.  Look at http://kde-
look.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=116926&file1=116926-1.png&file2=116926-2.png&file3=116926-3.jpeg&name=Grouping+Desktop
for an example.
In the other groups i kept the normal background instead, because usually they
are much less cluttered, anyway it would be really simple to change that.

Giulio