Plasmate/Plasmagick

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 22 16:38:04 CEST 2010

Hi Sascha,

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 19:41:33 Sascha 'saigkill' Manns
wrote:
> today i've tried out the Plasmoid Tutorial and my results are a
header File
> and a cpp File. So i tried to import this  into plasmate. But
Plasmate
> says, that it isn't a Plasmagick Packages. What are this
Plasmagick? How
> can this used?

It's a packaging format for scripted
Plasmoids basically. Plasmate is not made to be used with C++ Plasmoids, but
with Plasmoids written in JavaScript, Python and Ruby. That means that no
compiled code is needed, and they're portable across OS'en and
architectures.

Try creating a new project in Plasmate, and use this as
template to play around -- if you want to use a scripting language.

If
you'd prefer C++, you can use kapptemplate to generate a Plasmoid template
for you and go from there.

sebas

http://www.kde.org |
http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9