Plasmate/Plasmagick

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 21 19:28:07 CEST 2010

On July 21, 2010, Sascha Manns wrote:
> today i've tried out the Plasmoid Tutorial and my results are a header File
> and a cpp File. So i tried to import this into plasmate. But Plasmate
> says, that it isn't a Plasmagick Packages. What are this Plasmagick? How
> can this used?

Plasmate is for scripted Plasmoids only, not C++. it supports Javascript,
Python and Ruby. we don't intend to add C++ support since that would
essentially turn it into KDevelop or QtCreator like IDE, and our goal is
something simple and straightforward that creates portable add-ons.

humru othro a kohnu se