Nested Panels

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:29:39 CEST 2010

On July 17, 2010 17:57:03 Aaron Peterson wrote:
> Hello, I have a general feeling that we cannot nest panels, I am
> hoping that this is not true.

it is true.

> What would it take to make a widget that is a panel?

technically, all panels are widgets already - but I'm guessing that's not what
you mean.

go look at trunk/playground/base/plasma/containments/groupingdesktop/ for a
different approach.

basically, instead of trying to make containments recursive (which makes other
parts of plasma much trickier), you can make a containment with a better
layout strategy, using graphicswidgets (and you can put graphicswidgets in
graphicswidgets as much as you like).