R: Re: Plasma Media Center Branding

TRINGALINVENT at libero.it TRINGALINVENT at libero.it
Thu Jul 15 09:49:30 CEST 2010

branding:
vPlasma is the brand for our workspaces and things can get confusing if we
>break with that.
>
>KDE's product groups:
>Libs -> KDE Platform
>Workspaces -> Plasma Desktop, Plasma Netbook, Plasma Mobile
>Apps -> Many names, but not Plasma something
>
>Cheers,
>Stu
>
>Hey Stu, first of all thanks for the point which is really important.
Actually, Plasma Media Center is intended as a stand-alone application and its
development is going into this direction. >The fact that we call it Plasma
Media Center is due to the use of the Plasma technologies to develop it. So,
probably, your point is valid and we should start thinkin' about a proper name
>for it.
>I'd like some other Plasma-devs to give their opinion on this.
>Cheers
>--
>Alessandro Diaferia
>KDE Developer
>KDE e.V. member

Well, i think that Plasma Media Center is a good name, because also if now
it's a standalone application,
in the future (near or far) probably it will become a workspace. And also at
the current state it could be
used as a workspace if all you want to do is wacthing movies, playing music or
browsing pictures.

Luca Tringali